Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Amazing

    So, there was a post on my beloved bipolar husband's facebook that really, really bothered him.

    It bothered him before we went to bed, and it followed him all the way into today. Even now he's not quite recovered.
    He felt wronged by the fact that not many people sympathize with those with Aspergers or Autism. Those like me and his stepdaughter.

    Usually, when he responds to things that he disagrees with, he looks up the facts and presents a very professional, well thought out college-style lecture, but this time . . .
                                                                                                              this time his responses were thick with anger and steeped with loving protectiveness. It was breathtaking. Each sentence was heavy, and each one oozed with passion.
     It was so emotional that I, as an Aspie, had a hard time proof-reading it for him.



    I don't know if you've ever had the opportunity where your mate steps up like that for you or yours, but it's an amazing feeling.

    As an Aspie, that absolute human-ness is very hard for me to achieve, and while it's devastating to me to see so many people intolerant and ignorant of what bipolar is, I don't think I could ever express my feelings so organically.

    I hope that the consistency with which I'm blogging feels similar because this is my way of letting the world know how absolutely beautiful and wonderful bipolars can be.

    Mine's pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment