Monday, September 5, 2016

Keto Diet: Gettin' Technical

   I've been told multiple times that I assume everyone knows what I know. They say I should share my sources and stop assuming everyone has done the same research I've done so I'll give it a try.

   I don't claim to be an expert at anything, but I do happen to know how to look things up pretty good and I'd like to share what I've learned to explain why I think the Keto Diet is working so well for my beloved bipolar husband.



    Keto Defined:

    For those of you who don't know what the keto diet is, it is a fat-dense diet where one keeps things that digest down into glucose down to a minimum. That would be sugar, carbs and a lot of sugar substitutes.
    Some keep their carbs down below 100 grams, but he's trying to keep his at 20 or below.

    It's recomended for those with epilepsy and both epilepsy and bipolar greatly effect a part of the brain called the hypothalamus.
   I suspect this is why the keto diet has helped him stay so sane despite getting less than 5hrs of sleep a night since our cutie was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment