Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Humanizing Bipolar




  My husband is exceptionally professional, driven and absolutely lovable.

    While I could say pleasant things like this about each of my children, I would say that being a mother is sometimes, a challenge.
   (It's really polite mom speech meaning that sometimes, you need to lock your screaming toddler out of the bathroom and just ignore them while you pee so you don't break down crying yourself. Oh and P.S the toddler would be screaming because she needs on your lap while you pee. Just to wiggle on you.)

   Even though the advice for people in a relationship with someone who is bipolar seems to be "How to Tolerate your Bipolar Spouse," I can honestly say that it has never been a challenge to be with my beloved bipolar.

    Despite his ever shifting interests and tendencies, he is my rock.
    Despite his glowing ups and grumpy downs, he is an amazing ray of hope that I can always think of when I need a pick-me-up.


    I know that he does not have the drive to continually update a blog, pretty much for any reason, so I've taken it upon myself to show everyone what being married to a bipolar is really like, because, you know what? He's cooked me gourmet dinner pretty much every night for the past 8 years.





No comments:

Post a Comment